New roads are calling for your next adventure! Our Southern Oregon mixed terrain Basecamp sets you up to tackle stunning paved and gravel terrain out of cozy Ashland, Oregon. Come explore remote gravel roads with thick forests and snow capped volcanoes as your backdrop. This trip will give you a fresh look at riding in the woods on remote loops that seem rarely touched by other travelers. And of course being a Ride Workshop trip you can expect plentiful cafe and bakery stops!
Our Basecamp trips are designed with solid support and allow for tailoring of routes based on the desires of our riders, rather than a one route fits all approach.
• 6 days of guided rides on mixed pavement and gravel terrain
• 5 nights at our basecamp house in downtown Ashland
• Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
• Onsite mechanical support, repair equipment, and demo bikes
• Airport transfer from MFR to Ashland for select flight windows
• Warm spring temps in the 50’s & 60’s
• Ride distances from 25 to 75+ miles with van support on select challenge days.
• Long scenic gravel climbs including Anderson and Wagner buttes
• Optional Gnarly route: weather permitting climb remote dirt roads to the Siskiyou crest at 6344ft.
For this trip you can expect level 3 challenge: Mostly paved and smooth dirt terrain, but with potential elevation gain over 5K. However bailout options will be presented each day along with van support on those days when a bail is not possible. This trip is designed to be high on fun and adventure with the possibility of 3+ hours in the saddle.
• The Ride Workshop Challenge level is a scale of 1-5 based on the proximity of routes to the finish, elevation gain, types of terrain, weather, altitude, bail out points and on route support. 1 is Pro level challenge while 5 is beginner. And we’re always happy to discuss the trip with you in advance of booking to ensure it’s a good fit.
• Airfare to/from Medford International airport (MFR)
• Single room occupancy
• Staff gratuity
• Travel Insurance
• Alcohol and cafe stops
• Rental bikes