Fat Biking Steamboat Springs CO
Ready for a winter riding adventure?
See Steamboat Springs in a new way gliding along snow-packed trails and paths aboard an Otso Cycles fat bike with wide snow ready tires.
In recent years it’s become more common to see riders out every month of the year enjoying the beauty of Steamboat’s natural areas and trail systems. The key to ensuring a fun ride, especially in the winter months, is ensuring you have the right gear and local knowledge.
Our rentals are available for 1/2 day (up to 4 hours) @ $55, or book a full day (24 hour period) @ $75. Additional services include delivery & pickup (+$25), permitted guided rides (+$150 half day), and GoPro camera (+$20).
Included with all fat bike rentals
- Modern fat bike equipped with 4.5″ or larger tires and flat pedals
- Basic tool kit for minor adjustments
- Helmet with merino wool under helmet cap
- Route suggestions and conditions report
Make it a Guided Experience
- Expert guide to navigate a route tailored to your ability level
- Insulated water bottle
- Mid-ride snacks
- Permitted by the City of Steamboat Springs to operate tours on Emerald mountain
*Maximum group size for guided experiences is 3 riders and minimum age is 16. Guide gratuity not included but greatly appreciated if you have an excellent outing.
Fat Bike Gear List
For any rentals or guided experiences you can expect we will give you the latest weather and trail conditions so you can prepare accordingly. Here is our general checklist of gear to stay warm and rolling along on your next fat bike ride:
- Cold weather appropriate clothing such as synthetic or wool wicking base layers along with wind/snow blocking shell (similar to how you might ski)
- Small back pack or fanny pack to cary essentials and shed your clothing layers if you get warm
- Warm boots and gloves!
- Energy snacks
- Sunscreen and lip balm